Aboriginal Heritage - Melville
Scientific name: Family Anthericaceae Thysanotus patersonii
- There are a number of species of Tjunguri are found in the south west of Western Australia and most of them contain tubers which are quite palatable.
- The tubers look like tiny potatoes and are usually found in a cluster circling the base of plant at various depths depending on the soil and species.
- the stem and flowers are also edible.
- Best eaten just after flowering has finished.
- Flowering mainly August to November.
there are no associated sub-topics