Aboriginal Heritage - Melville
Aboriginal name: Mimidi
Scientific name: Family Xanthorrhoeaceae Xanthorroea gracilis
- One of four blackboy or grass tree species which grow in Perth.
- The flowers of the Mimidi and other grass trees produce copious amounts of nectar.
- Flowers were soaked in water to make a sweet drink.
- The base of the flowering stalk was pulled out of the plant to enable the sweet, juicy white pulp of the base to be eaten.
- Flowering occurs in spring and early summer.
there are no associated sub-topics